Ahh memories. We all have them. Some I’d like to forget but for the most part I like to remember mine (hence me making a memory jar every year). But as I was perusing through my Facebook profile and looked into the Notes section, I decided to read some of the old posts I had written. One of them struck me and it was if I was looking into the window of my future.
There a few things in this specific post that I literally said, “Oh my god”. It was as if I put them out into the universe and it’s now coming back to me (positively). I also noticed, that some may still apply and that’s okay. Just because it was almost 5 years ago and some things are still relevant, it doesn’t mean I haven’t changed. It shows how much we can grow as a person and far we have come and learn to deal with life’s curveballs or homeruns.
As I laid in bed last night, not being able to sleep, I started to think about things that I had learned in the past year. My thoughts started to sound like a blog, so I decided to just get it out. I’m sure some, if not many, can relate to one or more of my lessons or thoughts.
1. Living with a boy is not as easy as it seems. I may not do this again until I actually have to! LOL
2. Sometimes friends will change and I’ve learned to accept that it’s ok if they do. If they are a true friend, they will not forget you in the process and if they do, they will be in the past for a reason.
3. The summer is by far my most favorite time of year. This I had already known, but this past summer proved it to me even more. It was the most amazing and best summer yet! I’m forever grateful for the people who were part of those wonderful memories. You know who you all are! xo
4. Sometimes in life giving a relationship a second round is a test, but I need to look at it as three times a charm if it were to arise again. Positive thinking!
5.Twenty-Something Girls vs. Thirty-Something Women
“And then I realized something, twenty-something girls are just fabulous, until you see one with the man who broke your heart.” ~SATC
These girls will try to get under your skin. Don’t let them. You and I are WAY too good for that. Let it go.
6. My niece is the most amazing little person I will ever know! <3
7. My job will forever test me day after day. I need to remember to stay true to who I am and believe that I am good at what I do. I cannot let other people put me down, only to make themselves feel better and intimidate me.
8. I learned to step out of the box when it came to dating. I’ve also learned I cannot let one experience let me down either. I just need to keep on going.
9. I’ve learned that yes, other people my age are getting married and having babies, blah, blah, blah…..I will have my happily ever after. PERIOD!
10. I’ve learned it’s okay to have motivational quotes all around your house (especially on your mirror) lol….after all Reese Witherspoon does it in a movie…so I guess I’m not that weird 😉 haha
“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
Happy New Year!! Bring it on 2011!!
My god! This was literally days before I started this site. It’s so crazy to me how the universe operates. #4 literally almost scared me to death because….drum roll please… we tried it for 3 times a charm however, it ended up being 3 strikes haha….I did learn that I am WAY stronger this time around and that everything happens for a reason. #7 even back then I was struggling in my positon and felt I was being taken advantage of and I am happy to say that 5 years later I made a huge change and have not only improved my teaching career but I am also a Beachbody Coach and blogger.
From this moment on, I know life will and can only get better!
Have any of you found an old journal or old posts and had ah-ha moments?